About Us
Corporate Profile
History

Incorporation

State Cement Corporation of Pakistan (SCCP) established a 1000 TPD Romanian cement line at Kohat in 1984. The Government of Pakistan in open bidding in 1992 privatized the Company.

 

Expansion:

The new management headed by Aizaz Sheikh (CEO) undertook an extensive BMR program in 1995 funded by proceeds of a public offering and a commercial debt. The capacity of the Plant was enhanced to 1,800 TPD by engaging KHD, a renowned German Company

KCCL has been in expansion mode since then and timely converted to coal firing, established a white cement plant of 450 TPD pruduction capacity, set up a new grey cement line of 6,700 TPD capacity and also established a standby power plant of 22.4 MW capacity.

Expansion History

  • Year
     
  • Line
     
  • Detail
     
  • Annual clinker Capacity (Tons)
  • 1983
  • 1
  • New Setup
  • 300,000
  • 1994
  • 1
  • BMR
  • 240,000
  • 2003
  • -
  • Coal Conversion
  • -
  • 2005
  • 2
  • White Cement Plant
  • 135,000
  • 2007
  • 3
  • Grey Cement Line
  • 2,010,000
  • 2009
  • -
  • Power Plant (22.6 MW)
  • -

Listing on Stock Exchange:

In 1994, KOHC was listed on stock exchanges of Pakistan and an initial public offer was made in which 2,193,334 ordinary shares were issued to general public at a price of Rs.52/- per share.

 

Exports:

In 2002, KCCL entered into the export markets in addition to the domestic markets.

AWARDS:

In recognition of its outstanding performance, Kohat Cement Company Limited has been honoured with the KSE Top 25 Companies Award 2013.